I haven’t brought work home from school during the week for a long time. Call it Senioritis, call it work place efficiency, call it whatever you want. Whatever it is, I dragged a lovely and inspiring pile of student work home with me tonight, and settled down to spend 3 hours alternatively snacking and slaughtering papers with my long dormant grading pen.
Here were my thoughts:
- You’re in sixth grade. You really can’t spell “first”? WHO IS YOUR ELA TEACHER?
(darn… that would be me)
- You’re in sixth grade. You really can’t spell “knot,” when it’s written in huge font on both sides of the paper?
- What is it about grading that makes teachers hate it and non-teachers crave it? My roommate rarely gets to grade for me, but she acts like it’s Christmas every time I let her. Bless her heart.
- Pictures of kittens on buzzfeed are a lot more interesting than this assignment.
- The omnipresent dust bunny on my ceiling is a lot more interesting than this assignment.
- Is it too soon to start a post-it countdown until the last day of school?
- Do I have enough post-its for a post-it countdown?